Memorable experiences. We all have them and, if asked, can quickly rattle off a few. I imagine mine aren’t much different or more memorable than yours. I’m sure you can relate.
- My mother leaving my 3rd birthday party because she was in labor with my younger sister who ending up being born that same day. (Took me a long time to admit it, but best birthday present ever!)
- My first kiss…8th grade on the school track after track practice.
- Myrtle Beach after high school graduation.
- Honeymooning at Myrtle Beach.
- Buying my first home.
- The birth of my son.
- The birth of my daughter.
- The birth of my second daughter.
- My separation and divorce.
- Meeting and marrying Steve.
- The birth of my granddaughter.
- Selling our home and nearly everything we own, retiring and moving onto a sailboat.
Okay, I know a lot of you may not be able to relate to the last one, but that’s what this blog is going to be about.
We’ve lived on FNR, a 1986 Cal 33 for 2 days now, downsizing from a 1900 square foot house to a walk-in closet. Steve and I hope you’ll enjoy reading about how we got here and where we hope to go. We think it will be a memorable experience.