Memorable experiences. We all have them and, if asked, can quickly rattle off a few. I imagine mine aren’t much different or more memorable than yours. I’m sure you can relate.
- My mother leaving my 3rd birthday party because she was in labor with my younger sister who ending up being born that same day. (Took me a long time to admit it, but best birthday present ever!)
- My first kiss…8th grade on the school track after track practice.
- Myrtle Beach after high school graduation.
- Honeymooning at Myrtle Beach.
- Buying my first home.
- The birth of my son.
- The birth of my daughter.
- The birth of my second daughter.
- My separation and divorce.
- Meeting and marrying Steve.
- The birth of my granddaughter.
- Selling our home and nearly everything we own, retiring and moving onto a sailboat.
Okay, I know a lot of you may not be able to relate to the last one, but that’s what this blog is going to be about.
We’ve lived on FNR, a 1986 Cal 33 for 2 days now, downsizing from a 1900 square foot house to a walk-in closet. Steve and I hope you’ll enjoy reading about how we got here and where we hope to go. We think it will be a memorable experience.
11 thoughts on “Memorable Experiences”
Hey Dad and Marci,
I hope you guys are doing well and really looking forward to your next post. All is well in sunny Baghdad and I’ll be heading home in a few days. Love you guys
Enjoy the journey!
“You have arrived” as said by the Great Garmin. Congratulations!
Wow, what an exciting adventure! Can’t wait to hear all about it.
I enjoyed the videos. You guys are living the dream. I look forward to reading about your future adventures.
Hope you guys plan to head up the Pamlico this summer… Please call Hal and I and we will meet you with our little boat for some fun!!!! Enjoy retirement. I am hoping to start my retirement (again) in a couple of years!!!
If you can camp at the OBX (no hot water or electricity) this will be a luxury trip. Looking forward to the blog. Be safe
Yes, LB, FNR is just an RV on the water. The OBX prepared me well!!
Hi Marci, I’m looking forward to your blog. We lived on the boat for one summer but that was for only 6 weeks! It will be fun reading about your experiences.
Great first post! You need to do a virtual tour of the FNR for your next post.